Canada’s Building Trades Unions (CBTU) is seeking an original union song or poem that celebrates Canadian tradesmen and women.
The creator of the selected submission will receive $5,000 and will be invited to present the song or poem in Ottawa at the unveiling ceremony of the Canadian Building Trades Monument on May 17, 2017.
All members of affiliated unions are invited to submit entries.
The deadline is April 25, 2017.
All submitted songs and poems must:
- Celebrate the experiences and contributions of members of the Canadian building trades
- Be no longer than 5 minutes
- Be suitable for live performance by a small ensemble or a solo artist
- Be an original composition
- Include the title of the monument: “Standing Together”/“Solidaires”
- Be in either official language or bilingual/multilingual
- Be inclusive
Those participating in the contest must be:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents; and
- Members of one of CBTU’s affiliated unions; or
- The parent, sibling, spouse, child, in-law of a member of one of CBTU’s affiliated unions
For more info, or to submit online, please click here.