Local 793 business manager Mike Gallagher has announced a number of new improvements to the union’s Group Legal Plan for both active and retired members.
The improvements are the second wave of enhancements this year to benefits for Local 793 members.
Earlier, improvements were announced to the Life and Health Benefits Plan.
“The officers, executive board and I are always looking at ways to provide better services to our members across the province,” Gallagher said. “The changes to our legal plan will complement the enhancements that were made to the life and health benefits plan.”
The changes to the legal plan took effect Jan. 1. Coverage has been increased as follows:
- E1 – Simple Will Member has been increased to $300 from $100.
- E2 – Simple Will Spouse has been increased to $300 from $100.
- E3 – Revised Will Member has been increased to $150 from $75.
- E4 – Revised Will Spouse has been increased to $150 from $75.
- M1 – Highway Traffic Act has been increased to $400 from $300.