The College of Trades has sent out information packages to all Ontario apprentices and journeypersons practicing in compulsory trades.
A second phase of direct mail to journeypersons in compulsory trades will begin in March, where members will begin to receive more personalized information about their membership fees, the process of renewing their Certificate of Qualification and more information about the College and its services.
Information packages for employers and those practicing in voluntary trades will be mailed out shortly.
The Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009 requires the College to maintain a public register with the following details about all members:
- the member’s name
- type of membership (i.e. Statement of Membership or Certificate of Qualification)
- all trades and classes associated with an individual’s membership
- any terms, conditions and/or limitation imposed on a member’s Certificate of Qualification or Statement of Membership
- any cancelling, revocation or suspension of a member’s Certificate of Qualification or Statement of Membership and/or
- additional information as prescribed in bylaws.
All members of the College will be listed on the public register, with the exception of registered apprentices in the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (who are exempt under Ontario Regulation 421/12).
Click here to visit the College of Trades website.
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about membership fees.
Click here for a list of the membership and other fees.
Click here for article in Daily Commercial News on benefits of College of Trades.