In accordance with Article XXIV, Subdivision 1, Section F of the union’s Constitution, the officers have appointed Joe Redshaw as president.
The appointment was made at an officers’ meeting Oct. 6.
Redshaw was treasurer of the union. He is Local 793’s director of social services and a 30-year member of the union.
Redshaw has held numerous union positions over the years.
He became treasurer in 2001. He is currently a trustee on the Pension Trust Fund and has been a trustee on the Training Trust Fund since 1995.
In other business at the meeting:
- Alex Law was appointed as treasurer. He had been vice-president.
- Rick Kerr was appointed as vice-president. He had been recording-corresponding secretary.
- Joe Dowdall was appointed as recording-corresponding secretary. He had been on the executive board.
- Brian Alexander was appointed to the executive board. He had been an auditor.
- Sarnia business rep Robbie Hierons was appointed as an auditor.