Local 793 members, their spouses and dependent children under 21 now have access to a Member Assistance Program (MAP) at no cost through Great West Life and Schepell.fgi.
The program is a confidential support service that can help members find solutions to all kinds of challenges at any age and stage of life. Members can seek help for stress, depression, anxiety, anger, crisis situations or life transitions.
Other services offered by the program include help for managing relationships and family, getting legal and financial advice, dealing with workplace challenges, tackling addictions and improving nutrition.
Fees for the program have been paid in advance by Local 793.
To find out more about the services available under the MAP, call 1-800-387-4765 or visit the Schepell.fgi website at www.workhealthlife.com and click on the ‘My Services’ tab at the top of the page.
At the website, members can register by clicking on the ‘Register’ link at the top of the page, then search for ‘The Board of Trustees of the International Union of Operating Engineers.’
Once registered, members can instantly chat online with a counselor, book sessions, and access helpful articles and videos. An app can also be downloaded from the site for smartphones.
Following is a full list of the services provided by the MAP:
- Short-term Professional Counseling provides support for personal and emotional issues. Members can choose from a variety of delivery methods to best suit their comfort level and lifestyle, including in-person, telephonic, e-counseling, online chat with a counselor, video, and text-based, self-paced.
- Family Support Services connects you with a family support specialist for personalized assistance with family planning, parenting, childcare, eldercare, homecare support and more.
- Legal Support Services provides consultation with professional lawyers to answer legal questions surrounding divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt, bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, and more.
- Financial Support Services provides consultation with financial professionals to answer financial questions about budgeting, debt management, tax issues, and more.
- Naturopathic Services provides consultation with naturopathic doctors on choices related to physiology, diet, lifestyle, and well-being, including illness prevention strategies.
- Nutritional Services offer consultation with registered dieticians on any nutritional matter or concern.
- Health Coaching by registered nurses provides information and advice, co-ordination and support and coaching on any health risk or concern.
- Fitness Coach Connects is a personalized and interactive program designed to improve the physical health of union members through education, behaviour change and fitness.
- Specialized Counseling and Online Programs to assist with career challenges, managing stress, tobacco cessation, enhancing relationships, separation and divorce, and financial planning.