Local 793 is sponsoring a photo contest.
All union members are invited to submit their best photos to be judged in eight categories.
The categories are:
- Best sunrise photo from jobsite
- Best sunset photo from jobsite
- Best jobsite photo
- Best jobsite crew photo
- Best photo of operator on heavy equipment at work
- Best photo of operator on tower/mobile crane at work
- Best photo of operator holding 793 Operator or Making Tracks magazine
- Best humorous operator photo
Following are the rules:
- All entries must be emailed to email@example.com, along with union registration number, by midnight on Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016. Please include description of the photo, where it was taken and who is in the photo.
- Entrants can submit only one photo per category.
- All photos must be high resolution, at least 5×7 inches at 300 DPI.
- All photos must be taken in Ontario or Nunavut with the exception of the best photo of operator holding 793 Operator or Making Tracks magazine.
- Judges selected by the union will evaluate and choose winners in each category.
- Judging will take place Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016.
- Winners will be announced at the union’s general membership meeting in Oakville on Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016.
- First place winners will receive a prize such as tickets to a concert, sporting event or the theatre, depending on what is available at the time.
- Winning entries have a chance of being selected to be printed in a union calendar.