How do I know if I have a grievance?


If you have a concern about your employment conditions, your area business representative is the best individual to inform you if your Employer has violated the collective agreement that you work under.

Grievance related concerns that Local 793 members may have include the following:

  • Being paid the incorrect wage rate
  • Working overtime and not getting paid for it
  • Employer is not sending in your pension and benefits
  • Unpaid travel allowance
  • Seniority issues (if applicable)
  • Unjust Lay-off
  • Termination of employment
  • Any other violations to the collective agreement

You can download the following Grievance Questionnaire which will help you to discuss your concern(s) with your area business representative.